Welcome Pass Guided Tour (3 Days)
All of our multi-day guided kayak tours can be customized and priced individually depending on varying logistics, paddler numbers and catering options. The Halfmoon Tour will price around $750pp fully catered. Please email or call us any time to get a custom quote for your group or book the standard with a deposit below.
Malaspina Guided Tour (4 Days)
All of our multi-day guided kayak tours can be customized and priced individually depending on varying logistics, paddler numbers and catering options. The Malaspina Tour will price around $990pp fully catered. Please email or call us any time to get a custom quote for your group or book the standard with a deposit below.
Sabine Channel Guided Tour (4-5 Days)
All of our multi-day guided kayak tours can be customized and priced individually depending on time, varying logistics, paddler numbers and catering options. The Sabine Channel Tour is $1050pp, fully catered, for a four day trip.
Halfmoon Sea Kayak’s entire fleet is made up of single and tandem fiberglass and thermoform ocean touring kayaks. Our manufacturers include, Delta Kayaks, Atlantis and Seaward.
3 day tours are designed to be relaxing and comfortably paced exploring. Camping experience is recommended so you are aware of what you may need personally to be comfortable and well rested for each paddling day.
4 day tours can include longer open water exposure that may require an advanced level of fitness for extended paddling periods or changing marine weather conditions.
Expedition length tours take place in remote locations. Paddlers should expect different weather and sea conditions including fog and ocean swell. Due to space limitations fewer comfort items can be stored. Backcountry camping experience will be an asset for these trips.
Your guide(s) will assist in managing risk and will help to make the most of your touring area, rather than assuming a Sherpa or servant role. All participants touring with us should be expecting to work together in camp and exploring under the guidance of the trip leader (the lead guide). In coordination with the groups interests, teaching and other land based activities can be enjoyed during the tour. Your guide, with their equipment and training, will add an additional level of safety and marine navigation skill to your tour.
Food planning starts as soon as your tour is confirmed to be “running” (open next question). From information gathered we will introduce and discuss your options individually and as a group. Food will be customized to suit any dietary needs and budgets. The best thing about kayak tripping is you don’t carry the food on your back, which will allow for many more options.
Step 1 – Check out our scheduled trip dates to see if any fit within your time window.
Step 2 – If the scheduled tour is one that suits you, call us or book online with a 25% deposit to register for the tour.
Step 3 – We will respond to your online booking with the current status of your chosen tour.
Open, Running or Full
- Open – the tour has interested participants but has not reached the minimum number to run. In this event, registered participants can hold their seat until a predetermined date while waiting or helping to look for other paddlers to join.
- Running – the tour has the required number of participants. Planning is underway for it’s launch date and still has seats available.
- Full – Tour has been closed to adding paddlers due to guide to group ratio limits or launch date being too close.
Step 4 – When a tour reaches the “running” stage, planning packages are sent out via email. These will include:
- Helpful resources for travel and accommodation surrounding your kayaking tour dates
- Detailed packing lists for you with a list of items we will provide
- Food planning correspondence
- Medical/allergy forms and waivers
Step 5 – Call us any time with your last minute questions.
Step 6 – Launch day! Meet and greet on the beach. Trip briefing before packing our gear and a pre-launch snack. Followed by days of fresh air filled marine adventures.
Guided Multi Day Tours Booking and Cancellation Agreement
Between June 15th and September 15th, we have a 4 person minimum for all multi-day tours. Outside of those times, we require a minimum of 2 people to run our tours. Should we be unable to acquire the minimum number of guests required for our tour, we will offer a full refund or the option to reschedule. Most of our tours require at least one tandem kayak in the mix. Single kayaks may not be available to all in the group at all times.
Rescheduling is best done as soon as possible to allow for the best availability of open seats remaining on tours or courses. In the unfortunate event that you should need to cancel your booking, we require written notice of cancellation. Upon receipt of your cancellation email (text not excepted), your fee will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- A 25% deposit will be charged at time of booking.
- The remaining charges will be applied 30 days before your tour start date.
- Gratuities are very much appreciated and can be excepted from your guides after your experience.
- Cancelling 45 days or more before start date: Full Refund
- Cancelling between 44 and 31 days before start date: Full credit of deposit (less $30 administrative fee per person). Credit can be applied to any of our future tours or kayak courses
- Cancelling within 30 days or less: No refund
All refunds are made in CAD$. Conversion rate will be determined by the issuer of your credit card.
Please consider investing in travel insurance to protect yourself from any loss you may suffer due to our cancellation agreement.
Refunds outside of these terms, are solely at the discretion of Halfmoon Sea Kayaks.
Refunds from cancellations due to poor weather, are solely at the discretion of Halfmoon Sea Kayaks and are based upon local marine weather conditions and forecasts. Please note that rain is not considered to be poor weather for kayaking.